Share Your Creativity Competition
Share your creativity with us and we’ll share our digital storytelling skills with you!
Can you help us inspire our current Creative Arts and Industries students as they navigate their career paths during these uncertain times? We would love to share examples of how those who have gone before them are laying the course for their own journey as changemakers.
How to enter
All we need from you is a quick video response (max 90 seconds) responding to the following three questions:
- How did you first get started getting your creative vision and project ideas out there?
- How are you applying your creative skills to make a difference in the world?
- How or why is this an inspiring time to be a creative changemaker and what are some of the exciting developments within your sector right now?
Visit the FutureMakers showcase for some inspiration from other Creative Arts and Industries alumni carving out their own creative entrepreneurial journeys.
We’ll be sharing your video responses online with our newest alumni. Don’t worry about being word-perfect or editing any pauses or stumbles, rough and ready is fine!
The winning entrant will have the opportunity to work with us on their own showcase video to help spread the word on their creative brand, product, or service. We also have a host of prizes including inspirational books and delectable chocolates for three runners up.
Please submit your entries to us by Tuesday 3 November 2020.
The winning entry will be announced Tuesday 10 November 2020.
For more information on how you can stay involved with Creative Arts and Industries and to view inspiration from fellow alumni, please visit the links below.
You’ll also find info below on how to connect with fellow Alumni and how to connect with opportunities and pathways to keep you learning with us.
COMPETITION ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entry is free and open to all CAI Alumni. The competition is open to all entrants from all countries. Employees of CAI, as well as their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- Competition entrants must address the questions presented and incorporate these into answers so that it is clear which point they are talking to. We would like to receive an amazing and diverse range of subject matter within this competition relevant to the theme of creative entrepreneurship.
- CAI reserves the right to decline footage if the submitted material is deemed inappropriate or offensive. This decision will be made at the sole discretion of the competition organisers.
- In all instances where matters are at discretion of CAI, our decision will be final and binding in the matter. CAI will not enter into correspondence concerning such issues.
- No individual assessments of submitted footage will be available.
- If it is found that the copyright of, or other intellectual property rights of any third party have been infringed, then the entrant hereby fully and effectively indemnifies CAI from and against all costs, claims, demands or otherwise arising from any such third-party claims or otherwise.
- All footage submitted must be the sole work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that they have read and abide by these Rules. By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to the Rules, that the entry complies with the Rules and that the entrant will be liable to CAI and their licensees in respect of any damage or losses incurred as a breach of the Rules by the entrant.
- All the entries will be shared with our independent judges. CAI does this by uploading the footage to our YouTube account and providing the links to the judges for review.
- Once the competition is over and a winner has been selected, CAI will contact the winner by email and request their address. This information will be used for the sole purpose of shipping any hard copy prizes to winners.
- Entries should be submitted via the competition entry form on the Futuremakers website at: https://www.futuremakers.ac.nz/share-your-creativity/
- The competition closes for entries at the time specified on the competition page of CAI’s website. Entries received after this time and date will not be considered.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the footage that they submit to CAI. However, by entering the competition process all entrants grant CAI the right to reproduce this footage, without payment, for any purpose at any time in any media, with or without attribution for publicity and promotional purposes in any connection with the CAI’s work.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Rules and CAI reserves the right to exclude any entry at any time, and at its absolute discretion if CAI has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these Rules.
- CAI reserves the right to cancel the competition process or to alter any of the Rules at any stage, for any reason, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise out of its control.
- Prizes listed on the competition page will be offered to winners and there will be no cash alternatives for these.