FutureMakers Guide for Staff
This guide is a quick list of FutureMakers content and resources available for you to use for your own reference, or in your academic courses and programmes in 2020.
For questions or support using this material, contact:
Elisabeth Vaneveld, Director – Creative Entrepreneurship, Faculty of Creative Arts and Industries.
Short Video Profiles
3~ minute showcase videos featuring graduates from the faculties of Creative Arts and Industries, and Arts working as creative entrepreneurs:
- Damon Birchfield – Planning incl. eco/environmental services; organisation & team leadership
- Trudy Dobbie – Dance incl. choreography; performance; teaching
- Elisapeta Heta – Architecture incl. indigenous design; intrapreneurship; working in large practice
- Chirag Jindal – Architecture; visual arts installations; cross disciplinary design
- Jessica Pearless – Fine Arts incl. painting; curation; visual arts services
- Marshall Smith – Music composition; film soundtracks; commercial music library
Videos, links to articles, and worksheets for students to explore when they seek information relevant to their career development, post-university.
- The Creative Freelancers Toolkit – includes articles, links to calculators, guides and tools suited to the new or working freelancer
- Creative Freelancing – 15 Steps to a Paying Client – a step by step process for new or working freelancers to identify paying clients; includes information for setting rates and prices
- The University of Auckland’s Money Guide – the University’s guide to “managing your funds while studying”
- Your Money Diary – section within our Understanding Money Habits module on tracking and managing expenses
- Budgeting Tools – tools from the University of Auckland and Sorted
- Money Glossary – short glossary of terms relating to debt
- Types of loans – secured and unsecured loans explained
- 5 steps to paying off debt
- Making SMART Money Goals
Compiled articles on the subjects of freelancing, money management, and related topics.
- Contracting vs Employment – what’s the difference? sourced from MBIE
- You Can’t Afford to be Funny About Money by Felicia C. Sullivan (external link: Medium.com)
- Keeping up with the KiwiSavers: How the saving scheme can make you rich by Martin Hawes (external link: The Spinoff)
- What is good debt vs bad debt adapted from David Quilty
- 15 secrets and tips to set you up for massive freelance success by Jess Eddy (external link: Medium.com)
- 21 Insights from 21 Years as a Creative Coach by Mark McGuinness (external link)
- 11 Side Businesses You Can Start With Just Your Phone by Dave Schools (external link: Medium.com)
- How to Get Out of Credit Card Debt Fast – 5-Step Pay-off Plan from Moneycrashers.com
Partnered with the resources and content on this website, these facilitation plans have been developed for 3 hour workshops on FutureMakers subjects. They are available for you to adapt and use freely.
You can also find all resources with a facilitation plan by clicking this link.